(Last Updated: 17.02.2020)
Acceptance of Terms
- Personal Information about visitors to Solvable is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries.
Use of Information
- Copies of correspondence sent from Solvable, that may contain Personal Information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
- We may freely share any information collected with our related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)).
- Unless otherwise agreed in a contract with you, we may appoint third party service providers to assist us in providing services to you. We may disclose your information to these providers as necessary to provide services to you. These service providers may be located overseas in jurisdictions.
Collection of Personal Information of all users
- Whenever users visit the Website, our servers automatically record information for statistical purposes about your usage of the Website such as;
- the type of browser used
- the referring URL
- the IP address
- the number and type of pages viewed
- the date and time of visits; and
- the exit URL.
- This information we collect about you is not Personal Information and, in any event, remains anonymous. We do not link the anonymous information to any other Personal Information unless you have either registered with Solvable or logged in at the time of use. Accordingly, if you have not identified yourself on the Website, such as by registering or logging in, we will not link a record of your usage of our Website to you personally.
Collection of Personal Information of Registered Users
- Upon your registration with Solvable we collect information about you in order to provide you with access to a Platform or App. We collect non-identifying information as well as Personal Information from you directly when you first register and also from time to time thereafter if you provide us with additional information.
- Personal Information which may be collected by Solvable includes, without limitation;
- your full name
- your email address
- your birth date
- your country of residence
Information Collection Practices
- We may use personal information you provide, such as contact details, for;
- providing access to Solvable and other Solvable services
- promoting and improving our products and services
- promoting and advertising third party affiliate services to you
- billing and account management; and
- We do not sell any personal information to any third party.
- Where you link to a third party site from Solvable, we may provide session information to the third party, and may receive commissions from affiliates if you proceed to purchase products or services from that third party.
- We may use and disclose your personal information to avoid an imminent threat to a person's life or to public safety, or for reasons related to law enforcement or internal investigations into unlawful activities.
Credit Card Details
- Credit Card details are securely stored with our payment gateway provider for the processing of payment and will be deleted upon cancellation of your subscription.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, we will not disclose any Personal Information about you without your consent unless we believe it is necessary;
- to comply with the law
- to provide you with a service which you have requested
- to implement our terms of service
- to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of any of our other users or any member of the public; or
- to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- You can also play an important role in keeping your Personal Information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password, PINs and accounts used on the Solvable. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other person or any other breach of security.
Collecting Information from Users
- IP Addresses: Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- Cookies and Applets;
- This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
- We may provide links to web sites outside of Solvable, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our Website.
- Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that web site and its privacy statement.
Trans-Border Data Exchange
- We may transfer (and you are deemed to consent to us transferring) your Personal Information outside of Australia;
- where we reasonably believe that the person who will receive your Personal Information is subject to effective data protection obligations
- where the transfer is necessary for the performance of any contract between you and us or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures
- where the transfer is for your benefit and it is impractical for us to obtain your consent, but if it were practical you would be likely to consent; and
- as required or authorised by or under law, and where you subsequently consent from time to time.
"Spam" (Promotional Email)
- We will not send you "spam" (advertising information) without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you.
- If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by contacting us and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow five days for this request to be processed.
Problems or questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website: www.privacy.gov.au